Lost Legion Forum - Emergency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Since when are LL members allowed to spam or behave like children?

+5
RuMcAjS
Go-Mi
Nacho
funky-monk
Carnage
9 posters

Go down

Since when are LL members allowed to spam or behave like children? Empty Since when are LL members allowed to spam or behave like children?

Post  Carnage Thu 22 Oct 2009 - 22:49

[whine=on]I'm quite tired of seeing LL members spamming with sound commands and doing such childish things that only ruin the whole match. I'm tired of members asking others to respect the rules, when it seems they should keep that advice for themselves. Of course, it's not all of them, but power abuse is not what I would expect from people who are supposed to be mature. If you want others to behave, you should give an example of good behaviour yourself. And also remember rule number zero of your own rulebook.[/whine]

...Thanks,
-Carnage.

Carnage

Back to top Go down

Since when are LL members allowed to spam or behave like children? Empty Re: Since when are LL members allowed to spam or behave like children?

Post  funky-monk Fri 23 Oct 2009 - 8:00

you forgot to post the link to the files showing this behavior, something that would actually give some weight to what you're saying...

funky-monk

Back to top Go down

Since when are LL members allowed to spam or behave like children? Empty Re: Since when are LL members allowed to spam or behave like children?

Post  Nacho Fri 23 Oct 2009 - 12:36

if the spamming with sound commands already been done.
it is done at the end of the beginning of the map. (in the countdown and at the end with the stats)
so in my eyes it don't ruin the game...
LL2 is also a fun-server and for a professional game of ET you should enter LL1.
you can say it is childish or you can say it is 30 sec of fun.
just give some admins/members the fun of those 30sec it won't ruin your life...
for the rest are the members busy to watch the game for cheaters/rule-breakers and sometimes a sound in the game is then attractive to some of them Smile.

(including myself ofc ^^)

but i appreciate it that you say this, i shall not spam those sounds then anymore Smile

greetz Nacho

Nacho

Back to top Go down

Post  Go-Mi Fri 23 Oct 2009 - 13:57

anyway u should post screen shots for not proof but to show who, where how do it etc:) cheers
Go-Mi
Go-Mi

Back to top Go down

Post  Carnage Fri 23 Oct 2009 - 17:58

Sometimes it was during the game, even at a crucial point when the dynamite was planted and you couldn't hear the warning sound because of the massive sound-command spam, among other things. And it's not just the sound, but I'd also like to read more relevant messages and I can't that way. I understand using a sound command once in like 2/3 minutes, but spamming random (and various) songs at the same time isn't really fun, both at the beginning and at the end (I can forgive this, alright, but...), even during the game sometimes. It's annoying, and I am supposed to have fun (I do, but not in these cases). This is really a minus for people who also rely on sounds to play or simply don't want to have their sounds off. And it sure doesn't give players a good example of behaviour. I've even had one member telling me "his spam was useful" when someone spammed... Neutral

And I didn't want to report anyone in particular with this, because I felt there's no need to tell anyone's name, but next time it happens, I'll screenshot it, since this is what you want.

Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post  RuMcAjS Fri 23 Oct 2009 - 18:20

u think only aboute urself maybe other ppl like that... if u dont just use s_stop and no problem for me...

RuMcAjS

Back to top Go down

Post  Carnage Fri 23 Oct 2009 - 21:17

Too bad other people find it annoying as well. Plus, spam still remains spam.

Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post  remmog Fri 23 Oct 2009 - 21:20

Don't worry about proofs, I have to record all my games to proove things all the time, so obviously I have some good example for that case !
the same song even overlapped here

I already have autorecord added to most of my binds, should I add the s_stop too ? Damn at that rate, in 6 months I will lack space in my cfg...

remmog

Back to top Go down

Post  Carnage Fri 23 Oct 2009 - 21:31

That's exactly what I needed, but I forgot to record it myself. Thanks man!

But there was even worse stuff, do you have any other recording with that?

Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post  IceCreamy Fri 23 Oct 2009 - 23:16

pfff, ppl who whine about what was done in that demo should go play another game, preferably single-player.

Absolutely nothing is wrong with the action in this demo Smile

Sorry, but if you don't like those songs, there are 2 options:

1. Go play another game
2. do /s_stop in console.

But whining about this in forums... really. Get a life or smth.

If there is worse stuff, I am always here to make a comment about it, so bring it on ^^
IceCreamy
IceCreamy

http://www.the-lost-legion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  -Flash- Sat 24 Oct 2009 - 10:02

well the point ive been told uber much times

u dont like sounds and fun settings.. etc - go LL1
u like sounds fun, heavyweapons - go LL2

u dont like our server style?
why u play there? go search other one
-Flash-
-Flash-

Back to top Go down

Post  Carnage Sat 24 Oct 2009 - 15:55

What I've been trying to explain is that those rules have no point when you take advantage of them at any possible occasion. The command spam is just a minor issue connected with this (are sound commands the only thing you have left to do with your admin levels, by the way? How about taking care of the servers?). On LL #1 it's not possible to play because of the massive rulebreaking (tk, sk and whatnot), but I guess I shouldn't bother with this topic anymore, you are too busy with being partial.

Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post  IceCreamy Sat 24 Oct 2009 - 16:36

ofc we are partial, what do you expect?

Do you expect us to say that our fellow LL members are a bunch of suckers, who can't do anything right? Since that is 1. Not nice to say and 2. not the truth, you could have expected us to defend ourselves...

Really, if you think that all our servers are unplayable for you, go somewhere else, so that the problem is solved Smile

Hmm, I don't know who you say but the members I know use also commands such as warn, freeze and if necessary kick/ban to take out the garbage among the players (cheaters, spammers, insulters etc.)

Stop being such an *** and come with some proofs instead of blindly accusing LL members for being spammers, children, and people incapable of their jobs.

Sorry to everyone, I just hate people who have this kind of attitude Evil or Very Mad
IceCreamy
IceCreamy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nacho Sat 24 Oct 2009 - 21:13

IceCreamy wrote:

Really, if you think that all our servers are unplayable for you, go somewhere else, so that the problem is solved Smile
the problem isn't solved then imo.
more people think about it and imo we should also listen and don't push the critical posts to the trash bin.

-about that spam with allot of the same songs after each other or overlapping music.
i think you have a point here.
we may not spam with text/vsay cmd's ect, from our own rules.
so why this exception for LL members with the music?

-about that spam with different songs after each other.
i think you don't have a point here.
each song takes 15 sec -/+, so it don't spam the chatbox.
about the songs that you hear then after each other, use /s_stop to stop them imo.

-about that thing that LL members/admins don't use there powers for catching rulebreakers.
1. we do our best, we are human to and can't see everything.
2. sometimes we like to play also and don't want to be the police each time. (for serious rulebreakers we always have the time, like cheaters or people who keep rulebreaking (sk,sc, or tk,tb)) (if someone sk's once we don't always go to spec and keep watching him till he does it again, but we keep playing. We only go to spec then, if people keep complaining about that person)

if you think that we don't do our job right, you can do something about it.
demo al this next staps!
if a LL member/admin don't do anything (and you checked that he isn't afk ->go spec and follow him) about some hard rulebreaker after a few pm's to him/her from you.

post it here and then the HA will decide to take action against this person.
but don't complain about all LL members/admins in general in a topic without proof.
some LL members/admins will be serious offended.

Greetz Nacho

Nacho

Back to top Go down

Post  Carnage Sat 24 Oct 2009 - 21:28

Thanks for the post, really. I'll keep that in mind and I'll avoid being rushy next time. Cheers.

Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post  IceCreamy Sun 25 Oct 2009 - 10:57

then we get to the point, what do we call spam? I think, that is different for every person.

@all: Sorry for my behaviour up here, I appear to have some trouble with my emotions Embarassed

Nacho, good post, and I fully agree ^^
IceCreamy
IceCreamy

Back to top Go down

Post  Carnage Thu 29 Oct 2009 - 23:30

Since this is the right topic, I'll post another "whiny" complaint.

How come I got muted for 6 hours for complaining about a supposed-to-be-mature admin(?) using pointlessly the command "!glow"?

I also find the fact that being partial is allowed here interesting: I see admin/members' friends getting muted for 6 seconds while other players get much longer mutes for the same issues. Is that too an 'unwritten rule'? Could you please explain more about this 'invisible rulebook' (which, by the way, seems to make the rule about power abuse non-effective)? And last thing, if you feel free to mute for two hours someone for saying 'shit' (oops), then you should mute members for the same amount of time when they use the "f" word (no matter what distorted form of it you use). Oh wait, auto-mute isn't for everyone... I need more info about this anyway...

Still no name as I feel it's pointless to expose in this topic.

Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post  RaMeS Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 1:02

Carnage if there are players that they are mute for 2h or more in generaly there are always reasons,
for exemple :
- If Mister XXX say "FU" what we(admins) must to do ??
we can do !warn or we can !mute 5minutes depend of admin
after that if Mister XXX have again bad behave (insult,whine etc...)
there two solution again mute or warn
But if Mister XXX continues his bad behave we must to mute him for 2hour/more or we can kick the player

So if you think that LL members bossy
So you can watch other servers, if u do tk, they can say u f°°° You !
and admins do nothing -_-''

what do you prefer ??
personaly i started to play at Lost Legion principaly cause at these servers
there wasnt more rules breaking and insult
there are good atmospher funny and serious...
there are no more server like this,
but if you found good server so its good for you Very Happy
RaMeS
RaMeS

Back to top Go down

Post  Carnage Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 8:33

I once was talking to someone and one of my messages contained "shit" but not as an insult (and hey, it's not even censored, so what do I know?). The other guy said it too. I got muted for 2 hours, the other guy got muted for 6 seconds (no reason explained, btw). Another strange thing was that the same guy told the admin to get a brain after he got unmuted. Nothing happened. What should I think about this? I'm not someone who is known as a rulebreaker, so why the excessive mute? Plus, if you find something I said offensive in any way, you can talk to me about it and I'll stop, it's not like muting me for a long time will help in any way. I know other servers are much worse, but hey, do you really have to compare this community to others? Do you think that solves this one's issues? I don't think so.

Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post  RaMeS Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 8:56

"I once was talking to someone and one of my messages contained "shit" "
like you say its 1 of ur messages, who can say you didn't whine or insult ppl before to be mute...
"I got muted for 2 hours, the other guy got muted for 6 seconds (no reason explained, btw). Another strange thing was that the same guy told the admin to get a brain after he got unmuted."
Please!
Give us proof that this admin (dont like you) so i think you want to say this ?
So Admin is not BOT, he can accept or no some things
he can be bossy or be cool, all depend that admin.
"I know other servers are much worse, but hey, do you really have to compare this community to others? Do you think that solves this one's issues? I don't think so."
Why do you talk about issues ?
for me there are no problem
cause i know (the active) members/admins
and i know there are not admin abuse
but if you want to say the contrary,
Again give us screenshot Smile
So i dont want to pass all my time to replie ur provocation cause for me it is
so see u later and have fun Smile
RaMeS
RaMeS

Back to top Go down

Post  Carnage Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 13:05

I don't care if an admin/member hates me for their own petty reasons (I said 'petty'). But one can't base their behaviour as an admin on the level of friendship they have with one player. An admin/member's 'friend' deserves the same treatment a regular, generally well-behaving player receives if they both do something wrong.

As for the whining, I couldn't really whine shortly after the beginning of the match and I'm pretty sure I wasn't having a bad time (before that happened, of course) so it's not like I had anything to complain about.

Also, someone that constantly complains about facing "no-aim players" in-game and deliberately says that heavy weapons are "naab weapons" (sure, the latter would be understandable, except if that happens when killed by a player using one of those, thus making it an insult for the player) not only is bossy from my point of view, but is also very arrogant and full of attitude. I'm not expecting anyone to forcefully act nice against their will, because that would be even worse on a personal level, but the rule about insulting is clear.

As for the screenshot part, I'm not a cameraman, and I don't have time to catch every moment in which something weird happens. I regret not having that in image form, but I'm sure it wouldn't make any difference, as it seems there are few people who know how to judge things from a neutral perspective (as it should be) here.

Again, this thread isn't about reporting a certain member or an admin, otherwise I would've gone straight to that point at the very beginning of it.

Oh, and let's not talk about admin level abuse... you can't ignore this and, judging by your post, I think you got it.

Still, you can be sure I don't have anything against you, as you're one of the members I personally respect.

Cheers.

Carnage

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down