Lost Legion Forum - Emergency
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting annoyed of one rule

+2
human
RenX
6 posters

Go down

Getting annoyed of one rule Empty Getting annoyed of one rule

Post  RenX Thu 29 Oct 2009 - 19:14

By the unban requests is actually the rule that there should just post the banned person, Members, and HAs.

There had been Apes topic. Somes thought it was a Wallhack others thought it wasnt. A real expirienced player (like Lurtzilla for example) wouldn't have had the right to post there his/her (useful) arguments.

If you like to say bye to the banned player because you liked playing and chatting with him you arent allowed to do so. It isnt anything that appeals against the admins desicion. Cheaters arent always assholes, sometimes also the desicion could be wrong. So it'd be just human to say good bye.

Lately there had been an accidentaly kick. Kicker wrote that he did accident in chat, which coulnt been read from the kicked guy of course. At the end of the map I quited and looked in the forums and saw an unban request. The accidentaly kicked guy meaned he had been banned. So I decided to clear it up. Otherwise the guy may have been angry for 1-2 hours.

In all these cases the help of the "normal" community is/would be great and helpful. I understand that you dont like to have 10 posts from regulars which always mean that the banned guy is so nice and certainly isnt cheating and insulting. But to forbid strictly every post in the Unban Requests is absolutely not the solution imo.

Let me know what you think about it.

Edit: changes in green
RenX
RenX

Back to top Go down

Getting annoyed of one rule Empty Re: Getting annoyed of one rule

Post  human Thu 29 Oct 2009 - 19:25

i agree with all you have said ,
supported a banned player Lycan from LL5 on forum, and got warned by someone (Balek) because i wasnt allowed to post there ? my support to him offended someone or what? dont understand it!? theer is no damage if write my opinion in good cause ,only tried to resolve the problem because i witness when the player got banned .

only trying to be helpful not asking anything for myself like level or etc....

human

Back to top Go down

Post  Nacho Thu 29 Oct 2009 - 20:11

we meant this rule because we don't want that people spoofing the unbanrequest with their solutions.
if you think you have valuable information about a ban, you can send a pm to the banner.
your info will be heard because only the banner may unban the ban he did.

about valuable info i mean info about things you have seen at the moment of the ban.
not the things like i know himand he will never cheat he is my friend and i like him.
the banned person can ask for the demo, you may see him of course, but you may not post a reply then. you can pm the banner then about what you think of it.

about that members may post in the unban, i thought that wasn't allowed neither.

(if this is the wrong info a HA should explain me what to do then ^^)

Greetz Nacho

Nacho

Back to top Go down

Post  RenX Thu 29 Oct 2009 - 20:22

Human and Nacho, you both answered to my first example. It's difficult to say here what an experienced player is. Perhaps this point isnt that good, because banners can also ask for help if they need. (or get PMed like Nacho said).

But you both didnt say anything about my other points. What do you think of them?
RenX
RenX

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen Thu 29 Oct 2009 - 21:30

Nacho wrote:we meant this rule because we don't want that people spoofing the unbanrequest with their solutions.
Naah, not true. For example Apes ban, Phil and Funky (if i remember right) had an error while watching the demo, i told them how to fix it, and still my post got deleted (or edited w/e). I didnt bumb any solutions or so. And very likely there was others too, so pmming wouldnt have helped a lot.
Imo you should allow some things to be posted. For example when talking about cheaters and demo, you never have too many (professional) opinions.

Jen

Back to top Go down

Post  IceCreamy Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 10:57

point of that rule was to prevent useless spam, like everyone saying the same.

Or suggest someone advertised, or if someone insulted, you are not supposed to post in that topic. But, I can agree that with cheater demo's we could use professional opinions, as there is a lot of disagreement about some of them.

As you can see, there are always things ready for improvement ^^
IceCreamy
IceCreamy

http://www.the-lost-legion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ape Sat 31 Oct 2009 - 12:44

If you give one guy acces to do. Then you need to give all people. Its will be chaotic I think.

regards

ape

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum